Should i test my house for randon ?

Q. Is it important to test for radon in my house?

A. Yes. Radon is a gas that comes from the natural (radioactive) breakdown of uranium in soil, rock and water that gets into the air you breathe. You can’t see, smell or taste it, but it can get into any type of building and it’s found all over the U.S. Its presence in your home can pose a danger to your family’s health.

The U.S. Surgeon General and Environmental Protection Agency recommend that all homes be tested. You can test your home yourself by ordering a test kit from the National Safety Council ( or some home improvement stores.

If you prefer, or if you are buying or selling a home, you can hire a qualified tester to do the testing for you. Contact your state radon office or either of the two privately run national radon programs (The National Environmental Health Association National Radon Proficiency Program or the National Radon Safety Board). The average cost for a contractor to lower radon levels in a home can range from $800 to about $2,500. For more information, see the “Home Buyer’s and Seller’s Guide to Radon” at

If you have any questions, or need capable and trustworthy representation, please call Jessica Dodge at (512) 514-1700.

Dodge Team Properties at Keller Williams 1801 S. MoPac Expwy, Ste 100 78746